- Posted: January 8, 2024
- Rate: per hour
This position is responsible for providing all Hotel guests with the finest in hospitality and service, exemplifying the warmth and gracious atmosphere of the Hotel and staff.
Join the team at The Hotel Hershey, an award-winning resort best known for its refined elegance, signature services, and abundant amenities. The Hotel Hershey is situated high atop the town of Hershey and has 276 guest rooms, including 48 cottages, as well as 25,000 square feet of meeting and function space. The 1930's hotel is a recipient of both the Forbes Four-Star Award and the AAA Four-Diamond Award.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R) is an award-winning entertainment & hospitality organization with properties including: Hersheypark, The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, Giant Center, Restaurants, and more. Our team members share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, while striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is committed to cultivating diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce, marketplace, and community, and is proud to help fulfill the dream of our founder by providing value to Milton Hershey School.
As a Full-Time Team Member, you will enjoy sweet perks like FREE admission to Hersheypark, discounts, and more as soon as you receive your Employee ID! Your total compensation consists not only of the wage that you are paid, but also all includes Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage beginning the first day of the next month, 401K Contribution, paid time off, and so much more!
Job Duties (Duties marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this job):
- Greeting guests and assisting with luggage upon arrival and departure*
- Providing guests with valet parking and safe transport*
- Receiving room key and passport from the front desk and escorting the guest to the room
- Securing guest luggage in check-in room*
- Learning room types, floor plans and guests' amenities; responding to all guest inquiries in a professional, service-oriented manner to promote hotel services and in-house facilities*
- Inspecting the room for items left behind*
- Delivering items to guest rooms as requested
- Attending meetings relating to position
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of all safety and security procedures
- Securing guest coats at coat check locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Valid PA driver's license and verified good driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Able to operate manual transmission.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Friendly, outgoing, customer service oriented personality.
- Previous work experience helpful.
- Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written.
- Must be able to work varying shifts between 4p - 12a, 11a-7:30p, 6:00a - 2:30p based on operational needs, including weekends, weekdays and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 35 - 50 pounds. Ability to stand, walk, lift and bend for majority of shift.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- This is a union position and the work schedule will be based on union seniority. Candidates must be able to meet scheduled requirements, which will most likely require evening and weekend hours.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer