Giant Center Team Area Supervisor
Giant Center Team Area Supervisor
- Posted: October 26, 2023
- Rate: per hour
Giant Center is a 10,500-seat multi-purpose arena, and hosts an impressive line-up of star-studded performances and events. Action-packed Hershey Bears® hockey games, thrilling live entertainment, and one-of-a-kind events are a day in the life of our Hersheypark Entertainment Complex team members at Hersheypark, Giant Center, Hersheypark Stadium, or Hershey Theatre
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R) is an award-winning entertainment & hospitality organization with properties including: Hersheypark, The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, Giant Center, Restaurants, and more. Our team members share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, while striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is committed to cultivating diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce, marketplace, and community, and is proud to help fulfill the dream of our founder by providing value to Milton Hershey School.
As a Part-Time Team Member, you will enjoy sweet perks like FREE admission and parking to Hersheypark, discounts on food & shopping, and more as soon as you receive your Employee ID!
The Culinary Supervisor position will report to the Executive Sous Chef and will assist at GIANT Center and throughout the entire Entertainment Complex with overseeing the culinary kitchen operations, ordering items and managing inventory, creating and maintaining event orders, and assisting with general supervision of part time Culinary staff. The Entertainment Complex consists of Hersheypark (including ZooAmerica), Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena, GIANT Center, and Hershey Theatre.
Job Duties (Duties marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this job):
- Assist in the development and maintaining of dining plans, kitchen guidelines, food safety and handling procedures, and food presentation techniques
- Create and ensure kitchen and catering event orders are updated for each event to include; food items, staffing requirements, and any special needs
- Assist with communicating staffing requirements in preparation for scheduling and acting as a liaison when updates are needed.
- Assist with receiving and storing food items and supplies.
- Assist with inventory management; to include, rotating stock, counting, and adhering to standard par levels
- Assist within the operations with delivery of food items and supplies
- Enter and modify standardized recipe forms
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have at least one year of restaurant cooking or baking experience
- Must have a least one year of supervisory experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Culinary or Pastry Arts degree preferred (Associates or Bachelors)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to quickly learn computer based applications
- Must have proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be detail oriented with proven organizational skills
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including; days, evenings, nights, weekends (including both Saturday and Sunday), and holidays
- Must be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week (additional hours up to approximately 50 hours per week may be available during some weeks)
- Physical requirements include standing (for a majority of the shift), sitting, walking and lifting a minimum of 35 pounds unassisted and 50 with assistance
- Regular outside work in various weather conditions is required (including extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and other inclement weather)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer