Giant Center Entry Cook
- Posted: October 26, 2023
- Rate: per hour
Giant Center is a 10,500-seat multi-purpose arena, and hosts an impressive line-up of star-studded performances and events. Action-packed Hershey Bears® hockey games, thrilling live entertainment, and one-of-a-kind events are a day in the life of our Hersheypark Entertainment Complex team members at Hersheypark, Giant Center, Hersheypark Stadium, or Hershey Theatre
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R) is an award-winning entertainment & hospitality organization with properties including: Hersheypark, The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, Giant Center, Restaurants, and more. Our team members share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder, Milton S. Hershey, while striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is committed to cultivating diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce, marketplace, and community, and is proud to help fulfill the dream of our founder by providing value to Milton Hershey School.
As a Part-Time Team Member, you will enjoy sweet perks like FREE admission and parking to Hersheypark, discounts on food & shopping, and more as soon as you receive your Employee ID!
Responsible for preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality, using safe food handling procedures.
Job Duties (Duties marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this job):
- Prepare all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality, using safe food handling procedures*
- Assist utility personnel to maintain cleanliness of the dish room and pot washing areas*
- Wash and sanitize all kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: fryers, grill, tilt skillet, smokers, worktables, sinks, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes and utensils*
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor as needed
- Remove all trash and break down boxes as needed
- Maintain safe, clean and sanitized work areas*
- Comply with safety and security procedures outlined in the employee handbook*
- Assist the warehouse runner to properly receive and store all food, non-food and cleaning related items, while maintaining a clean and orderly operation*
- Deliver prepared items to assigned areas as needed
- Perform all duties as assigned by Executive Chef and Sous Chefs as needed
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to follow directions from direct supervisors and Chefs
- Must follow appropriate standards for food preparation.
- Must be able to project a positive, self-motivated, professional attitudes at all times
- Must be able to read and write and understand English
- Follows appropriate standards for food preparation
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to follow Standardized Recipe and safe food practices
- Must be able to work at multiple locations within the Hershey Entertainment Complex
- Versed in standardized food storage skills (rotations, labeling, cooling temperatures, etc.)
- Be mindful of ingredient cost when preparing recipes
- Must be able to do physical work and lift a minimum of 35 lbs.
- Must wear approved uniform and footwear
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer