Eleven Madison Park
Eleven Madison Park is a plant-based fine dining restaurant that overlooks Madison Square Park in New York City. First opened in 1998 as a French brasserie, the restaurant has been headed by Chef Daniel Humm since 2006 and owned by his company Make it Nice Hospitality since 2011. Eleven Madison Park has evolved significantly under his leadership both in food and in experience, earning several accolades including 4 stars from the New York Times and 3 stars from the Michelin Guide.
In 2021, Eleven Madison Park reopened its doors post-pandemic as a completely plant-based restaurant. The desire to reinvent and push the boundaries of fine dining has always been at the heart of Eleven Madison Park, and the team is committed to showcasing our respect for the craft through the precision of our cooking, the elegance of our service, and the passion for our work.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced people to join our kitchen team.
As a Line Cook you will gain a solid understanding of our style of service and our company's culture. This position lays the groundwork for all future opportunities for growth within our team.
Requirements for Success:
- Commitment to excellence
- Desire to learn
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work cleanly and efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Capable of working well in a team environment
- Proof of Covid vaccination
- Prepare mise en place, cook and assemble dishes as indicated by recipes
- Must be able to set up their respective stations in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean work station area, including kitchen equipment, tables, and shelves
- Must be able to adapt to any additional tasks as assigned by the station lead, sous-chef, or executive chef
- Must know and uphold DOH standards
- Must know how to prepare everything dish on the station, as well as, know all dishes on the menu
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Focused professionals pursuing a common goal
- Generous referral program
- Competitive benefits package, including, health insurance, 401K, paid time off
- Continual growth opportunities, including the opportunity to eventually train for cook serving and partake in tip pool upon the completion of necessary training and certification.
The job description above does not list each and every job responsibility of a Line Cook. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.